May 18th & 19th 2019
Set against the backdrop of the Illinois Old State Capitol building, art lovers find the Springfield Old Capitol Art Fair to be the jewel of the Midwest. This tradition of fine art has brought artists and shoppers from across the country flocking to downtown Springfield’s two-day outdoor art gallery for over 50 years.
About the Art Fair
- Bringing artists from all over the country together to showcase and sell their works at a two-day art fair event in Downtown Springfield, Illinois.
- Educating the public and providing opportunities to purchase original art in a wide variety of mediums.
- Investing in next-generation artists through local art contests and scholarship awards.
- Contributing to the historic and creative culture of Downtown Springfield.
- Hosting a family friendly weekend event with great food, entertainment and original art.
- Developing a civic art collection for the city of Springfield to enjoy year round.
A great tradition in downtown Springfield! I look forward to it every year!Caryn McDaniel Broombyvia Facebook
It has become a family tradition for us! We love this Art Fair! Great vendors, music and food! Our kids have picked some awesome things from the kids tent!Temary Rodriguez Terrellvia Facebook
One of my favorite events all year! Great variety from the artists and a clean, friendly environment. The weather this time of the year is great for an outdoor event! Can't love this enough!Stefanie Munosvia Facebook
A great tradition in downtown Springfield!! I look forward to it every year!!Caryn McDaniel Broombyvia Facebook